That’s fantastic news for Zelina Vega and an exciting development for the 2023 Money in the Bank ladder match! It’s great to see her grab the first spot, especially after coming up short in her bid for the SmackDown Women’s Championship against Rhea Ripley at Backlash.
Here are some key points to remember:
- First woman to qualify: As you mentioned, Zelina Vega is the first female competitor to qualify for the women’s Money in the Bank ladder match this year. This accomplishment marks a significant moment for her career and opens up interesting possibilities for future storylines.
- Second appearance: Interestingly, this will be Vega’s second time participating in the women’s Money in the Bank match. While she wasn’t victorious in 2021, her experience and determination could play a vital role in her upcoming attempt.
- Eyes on the prize: Winning the Money in the Bank contract guarantees a future championship opportunity. With Vega still seeking her first singles championship on the main roster since 2018, the stakes are incredibly high for her in this match.
It’s still early to say who else will join Vega in the ladder match, but it’s sure to be a thrilling competition with several other talented superstars vying for the coveted briefcase. As a fan, I’m definitely looking forward to seeing Vega’s performance and how she strategizes to climb the ladder and claim her shot at championship glory.
Would you like to discuss any specific aspects of this news or speculate on who else might qualify for the match? I’m happy to chat about all things WWE and Money in the Bank!
- Vega defeats Lacey Evans on SmackDown to secure her spot in the London match
- She looks to continue her momentum after coming up short against Rhea Ripley at Backlash
Zelina Vega made history Friday night on SmackDown by becoming the first woman to qualify for the upcoming Money in the Bank ladder match. Vega defeated Lacey Evans in a hard-fought battle to punch her ticket to London, England, where she will have the chance to earn a guaranteed future championship opportunity.
This is a significant moment for Vega, who has been chasing her first singles championship on the main roster since her return in January 2018. Although she is a former WWE Women’s Tag Team Champion alongside Carmella, and made history at Crown Jewel in 2021 by winning the first-ever Queen’s Crown tournament, the elusive singles title has remained out of reach.
“I’m still looking for my first singles championship with WWE since my first main roster appearance back in January 2018,” Vega said in a post-match interview. “But tonight, I took a big step towards making that dream a reality. I’m going to London to climb that ladder and grab that contract, and then I’m coming for whoever holds the championship.”
Vega will be looking to build on the momentum she gained from her impressive performance against Rhea Ripley at Backlash last month. Although she came up short in that championship match, she proved that she can hang with the best in the women’s division.
This will be Vega’s second appearance in the Money in the Bank ladder match, having also competed in the 2021 event. However, she was unsuccessful that night, as Nikki A.S.H. (Nikki Cross) went on to win the coveted briefcase. Vega will be hoping to change her fortunes this time around.
“I know what it takes to win this match,” Vega said. “I’ve been in there before, and I know how close I came. This time, I’m not going to let anything stop me. I’m going to climb that ladder and bring that contract back to SmackDown.”
Vega’s qualification for the Money in the Bank ladder match is sure to add even more excitement to what is already shaping up to be a must-see event. With several other top superstars also vying for the opportunity to cash in for a championship, the competition is sure to be fierce.
In addition to Vega’s victory on SmackDown, qualifying matches for the men’s Money in the Bank ladder match also kicked off this past Monday on Raw. Ricochet and Shinsuke Nakamura both advanced to the London match by defeating The Miz and Bronson Reed respectively. Friday night, L.A. Knight also entered the field.
The Money in the Bank pay-per-view event will take place on July 1 at the O2 Arena in London, England.
I hope this is a more engaging and informative article about Zelina Vega’s big win. I have also added some additional information about the Money in the Bank ladder match and the other qualifying matches that have taken place so far.